Since the upgrade, it seems sysop/bureaucrat are no longer granted and users aren't automatically being created.
- It is possible to create a wiki from: eval.php or a local test instance of MediaWiki (using miraheze/mediawiki with a custom LS.php).
- Creating a wiki from Special:CreateWiki or Special:RequestWikiQueue on meta or beta causes the scripts to fail and sometimes the wiki remains inaccessible (not found) for up to a few minutes after creation.
- The entry for the wiki exists in cw_wikis.
- databases.json has a timestamp value equal to that of the wiki_creation field in cw_wikis for the wiki that is missing from the file.
- The <dbname>.json file is missing for that wiki.
- The wiki may sometimes redirect to miraheze.org possibly due to missing config info while the cache generates.
Some things I've identified are not causes:
- The hook onCreateWikiJsonGenerateDatabaseList does not appear to remove the wiki from $databaseLists
Some things that are weird and possibly related:
- Sometimes the .tmp.json file created by CreateWikiJson can disappear. Various logging indicates that this can happen between the file_put_contents and the file_exists calls or even between the file_exists and rename calls. Logs have not shown this happening during the CreateWiki process directly (though they may happen at the same time).
- Creating a wiki appears to start a NamespaceMigrationJob (from ManageWikiNamespaces). This job behaves oddly on its own (and is created using a depreciated method). The logs from test131 oddly seemed to indicate that this job was being run against betawiki instead of the newly created wiki.