Page MenuHomeMiraheze

Fix WikiBase Client
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

@Paladox has said that currently the WikiBase extension doesn't work, despite being installed in MediaWiki and ManageWiki.

However, at least 10 separate projects (see subtasks) that have all requested this extension.

As such, it should be a high priority to get the extension working as soon as possible.

@RhinosF1 tried to contact Lydia at WMDE but got no response.

Event Timeline

AmandaCath triaged this task as High priority.Jul 15 2019, 17:34
AmandaCath created this task.
John assigned this task to Paladox.Aug 8 2019, 00:46
Reception123 lowered the priority of this task from High to Normal.Aug 8 2019, 16:20

Moving to "Normal" priority as there are also other extensions which have bugs/issues.

As far as I know, Wikibase Client has not been functional on wikis so far, so we need to figure it out. @Paladox

I've just sent an email to Lydia from WMDE to hopefully get some help.

Per above, I'm working on speaking to WMDE about this

Per above, I'm working on speaking to WMDE about this

Do you have any updates on this?

Per above, I'm working on speaking to WMDE about this

Do you have any updates on this?

No answer

@Reception123: should we look at trying this again to see if it works? Send an email again?

RhinosF1 removed RhinosF1 as the assignee of this task.Jan 17 2020, 17:54
RhinosF1 changed the status of subtask T5116: Enable WikiBase Client on Mirawiki from Open to Stalled.Jan 17 2020, 17:58

I’ve just heard from WMDE and copied the tech team in. Hopefully we can get this working!

Reception123 changed the task status from Open to Stalled.Apr 13 2020, 15:19
RhinosF1 added a comment.EditedApr 13 2020, 16:00

@Reception123: Stalled on....?

RhinosF1 changed the task status from Stalled to Open.EditedApr 13 2020, 16:26

Not stalled per se, We need to actually work out issues and interact with WMDE.

Discussed on IRC, other client tasks are stalled on this

*sigh* and there's request #12 for WikiBase Client blocked by this task!

Please do remember that I work in IT and software development so if there is anything that you would like me to take a look at regarding getting this fixed, please shoot me an email.

*sigh* and there's request #12 for WikiBase Client blocked by this task!

Please do remember that I work in IT and software development so if there is anything that you would like me to take a look at regarding getting this fixed, please shoot me an email.

We need help testing, debugging, checking our config and then upstreaming the actual issue. Join us on IRC and we will happily help you work on this.

I’ve found the main issue here. Will confirm shortly.

Claiming to fix the broken i18ns, wikis that need to add them to the sitelinks table will have to manually request it.

Testing now with the sites table population.

We still can not get the add links function to work but I've raised this with WMDE.

AmandaCath changed the status of subtask T5479: Wikibase Client from Open to Stalled.
John closed this task as Resolved.Apr 28 2020, 00:03
John claimed this task.