Page MenuHomeMiraheze

Requesting some extensions
Open, NormalPublic

Description

Wiki URLsmutstone.miraheze.org

Hi there,

I need some extensions that are not available in my list :
Extension:Header Footer
Permissions - managewiki-restricted

Thanks

Event Timeline

LukyMe created this task.Mon, Sep 9, 18:15
LukyMe added a comment.Wed, Sep 11, 12:29

Hello there ! anyone ?!
This simple configuration task should have been done in less than 5 min, but it's almost 2 days now !

I think the Extension:Header Footer, and the permission "managewiki-restricted" should be enabled by default for wiki owners, so we don't waste time waiting for approval !

In T4712#89755, @LukyMe wrote:

Hello there ! anyone ?!
This simple configuration task should have been done in less than 5 min, but it's almost 2 days now !
I think the Extension:Header Footer, and the permission "managewiki-restricted" should be enabled by default for wiki owners, so we don't waste time waiting for approval !

Hi,
I looked last night and couldn't find it listed on ManageWiki, Is it https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Header_Footer you're looking for?

Also, We have to ensure extensions are safe for use on wikis and this takes significantly longer than 5 mins. Even just installing it.

LukyMe added a comment.Wed, Sep 11, 16:06

Hi,

Yes that's the extension, I thought you already have all important ones installed, and they just need to be activated !
Anyway, I had to install everything on my localhost to test things myself, and I couldn't work your own extensions (ManageWiki and CreateWiki), but they're only needed for users on miraheze.org I guess, because I can set options directly in "LocalSettings.php".
So is there any way to modify the default links at the top ? because "Header_Footer" output seems to get below them ! or maybe I just have to style it to appear at the top ? Also, do you know how to edit those default links in Header/footer ?

Thanks

In T4712#89761, @LukyMe wrote:

Hi,
Yes that's the extension, I thought you already have all important ones installed, and they just need to be activated !

I couldn't find it but we can send it for review and addition if you'd be happy with that (it may be a bit of a wait).

Anyway, I had to install everything on my localhost to test things myself, and I couldn't work your own extensions (ManageWiki and CreateWiki), but they're only needed for users on miraheze.org I guess, because I can set options directly in "LocalSettings.php".

What exactly was the issue with ManageWiki and CreateWiki when testing?

So is there any way to modify the default links at the top ?

The links at the very top by the login buttons?

because "Header_Footer" output seems to get below them ! or maybe I just have to style it to appear at the top?

CSS/JS may work for some things
Also, do you know how to edit those default links in Header/footer ?
I wouldn't be sure no

Thanks

LukyMe added a comment.Wed, Sep 11, 17:20

So the docs of ManageWiki say to first install CreateWiki (which I did), then I installed ManageWiki (copied folders into /extensions and added line in LocalSettings.php, making sure both are visible in "Special:Version"), but when visiting "Special:ManageWiki" I get the message :
"This feature (core) has not been enabled on this wiki yet."

I also ran the "update/upgrade" to make sure the database is updated, but it seems no tables were added for ManageWiki !

I guess I'll just continue my experiments on my localhost, until the extension is approved then.

In T4712#89765, @LukyMe wrote:

So the docs of ManageWiki say to first install CreateWiki (which I did), then I installed ManageWiki (copied folders into /extensions and added line in LocalSettings.php, making sure both are visible in "Special:Version"), but when visiting "Special:ManageWiki" I get the message :
"This feature (core) has not been enabled on this wiki yet."

Have you turned it on? Per https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ManageWiki#Configuration

I also ran the "update/upgrade" to make sure the database is updated, but it seems no tables were added for ManageWiki !

I think they all come under CreateWiki

I guess I'll just continue my experiments on my localhost, until the extension is approved then.

I'll pop it in the queue for review

LukyMe added a comment.Wed, Sep 11, 18:37

I tried again but nothing works with CreateWiki and ManageWiki ! I don't even see the required tables in phpMyadmin, so maybe that's the reason nothing works, and the error is "Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /extensions/ManageWiki/includes/ManageWikiHooks.php on line 50"

clearly, a database issue as no tables were created at all !

RhinosF1 added a comment.EditedWed, Sep 11, 19:37

Hi,

I've spoke to @John and we are working on improving things but without good knowledge of Mediawiki and the ability to understand the code it's not suitable for third party use

RhinosF1 added a subscriber: John.Wed, Sep 11, 19:37
LukyMe added a comment.Tue, Sep 17, 17:56

Hi there,

After some tests on my localhost, I managed to make things work with minimal extensions, but when comparing the list of available extensions, I see that I'll need another one : HitCounters, to display popular pages. So can you please add that one as well ?

In T4712#89951, @LukyMe wrote:

Hi there,
After some tests on my localhost, I managed to make things work with minimal extensions, but when comparing the list of available extensions, I see that I'll need another one : HitCounters, to display popular pages. So can you please add that one as well ?

Unfortunately, we can't install that at this time due to a known issue.

See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:HitCounters and https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T120216

I'll keep an eye on it.

LukyMe added a comment.Tue, Sep 17, 21:09

The warning "an update to MediaWiki 1.26 or newer can permanently delete your hitcounter numbers!" only applies to installations that already have HitCounters installed, meaning that they risk their counters data to be deleted, but in my fresh test installation v1.33.0 it just works fine, displaying the most visited pages, based on counters saved to the database.

I hope this gets installed, otherwise I have no other way to display any popular pages !

In T4712#89953, @LukyMe wrote:

The warning "an update to MediaWiki 1.26 or newer can permanently delete your hitcounter numbers!" only applies to installations that already have HitCounters installed, meaning that they risk their counters data to be deleted, but in my fresh test installation v1.33.0 it just works fine, displaying the most visited pages, based on counters saved to the database.
I hope this gets installed, otherwise I have no other way to display any popular pages !

We've also since found issues with its support for other parts of our software including significant components.

LukyMe added a comment.Wed, Sep 18, 13:27

Hi,

I guess I'll just pin some pages instead, but at least I need access to "managewiki-restricted" to be able to activate the "Auto Create Category Pages" extension !

In T4712#89967, @LukyMe wrote:

Hi,
I guess I'll just pin some pages instead, but at least I need access to "managewiki-restricted" to be able to activate the "Auto Create Category Pages" extension !

Done