The following are some internally discussed ideas I had to improve and enhance the workflow of the CreateWiki extension, for both requestor and creator, each of which is itemized in turn.
Improvements for Wiki Requestors...
- Add additional fields to the RequestWiki form to improve standardization, completeness, and overall output for creators to review, which, ideally, should necessitate fewer follow-ups
- Purpose field (select from a drop-down list, which would be pulled from a json file in a CreateWiki repo for easy changes and additions) (mandatory field)
- Biographical information on real people (Yes/No drop-down options; if answer is "Yes" future AI automatically to refer request to wiki creator rather than automatically approving to programmed guidelines) (mandatory field)
- Change existing fields
- Scope and description of content (2-3 sentences or so) (freeform text entry field) (now a mandatory field)
- Category (select from drop-down list; currently defined in LocalSettings.php, but consider moving to a json file in the CreateWiki repo maybe?) (now a mandatory field)
- Eliminate "Uncategorised" as a selectable category option now that the field is mandatory. Will still have to retain, likely, this is as a grandfathered option for existing wikis given the number of wikis categorized as "uncategorised," but going forward, this should be a great improvement
Improvement(s) for Wiki Creators:
- Implement canned decline reasons, pulled from a json file so it can be amended easily
We can potentially add other ideas to improvement(s) for wiki creators.