Page MenuHomeMiraheze

Core Namespace translations having no effect
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

On wiki Christipedia templates cannot be openend anytime in the normal way with the Dutch word "Sjabloon". For instance, "https://www.christipedia.nl/wiki/Sjabloon:Onderwerpenregister" does exist, but cannot be found en opened. It is as if it does no longer exist.

However, if you replace "Sjabloon" in the URL with the English equivant word "Template", the page can sometimes (not always) be opened and edited.

So it seems to me the issue has something to do with the language setting and/or connecting to the server. Using a couple of times CTRL+F5 helps to be able to open "https://www.christipedia.nl/wiki/Sjabloon:Onderwerpenregister". Once opened, giving an ENTER to the same URL may lead to an empty new page as if the page not exist.

I checked the language setting under Preferences: it is Dutch, which is the right setting.

Event Timeline

I've looked myself and I can see the translations in the MediaWiki repo but for some reason they don't seem to actually applying. It's not consistent either as some namespaces do show a translation.

RhinosF1 renamed this task from Templates cannot be opened anytime by using the Dutch word "Sjabloon" to Core Namespace translations having no effect for at least Nl.Sat, Feb 6, 10:45
RhinosF1 moved this task from Backlog to Bugs on the MediaWiki board.
RhinosF1 moved this task from Backlog to Bugs on the MediaWiki (SRE) board.

I'm gonna guess that i18n cache is broken somewhere

RhinosF1 triaged this task as High priority.Sat, Feb 6, 13:00
RhinosF1 added a subscriber: Paladox.

Probably a post-migration issue

RhinosF1 renamed this task from Core Namespace translations having no effect for at least Nl to Core Namespace translations having no effect.Sat, Feb 6, 14:18

A seemingly related problem occurs with displaying some images on a page: they are not displayed on the page. they seem to not exist though inserted earlier. For instance, the first image on https://www.christipedia.nl/wiki/Vaccin.

A seemingly related problem occurs with displaying some images on a page: they are not displayed on the page. they seem to not exist though inserted earlier. For instance, the first image on https://www.christipedia.nl/wiki/Vaccin.

Looks to be the same issue. Someone's checked LocalisationCache and it's not that. Still looking into it.

Paladox claimed this task.

Rebooted the servers which fixed the issue.

I confirm that the incidents do not occur anymore.

In https://es.nocyclo.tk/wiki/ there is also the same problem. The namespace "Plantilla:" for some reason changed to "Template:".

Paladox closed this task as Resolved.EditedSun, Feb 7, 22:32

Fixed by refreshing CreateWiki cache.

<+JohnLewis> English namespace names are cached in CreateWiki cache