Even though I have the necessary extensions enabled, Structured Discussions doesn't work no matter what I do.
Structured Discussions is not enabled anywhere by default, you will need to enable it manually.
To enable Structured Discussions in an entire namespace, do the following
- Go to Special:ManageWiki/namespaces
- Select the namespace you want Structured Discussions in in the dropdown (if it is a talk namespace, select the namespace that is paired with the talk namespace)
- Select either the "Main namespace" or "Talk namespace" tab depending on where you want Structured Discussions
- Under the "What should this namespace's content model be?" dropdown, select StructuredDiscussions board.
- Click the Submit tab, fill in a reason, and submit (repeat for all desired namespaces)
To enable Structured Discussions on a singular page, do the following
- Grant yourself the flow-create-board right in Special:ManageWiki/permissions
- Go to Special:EnableStructuredDiscussions
- Fill out the form
I've double-checked your wiki to make sure you've assigned the writeapi user right to the * group, so that checks out. What @Joritochip said above is likely all you need to do.
The one caveat I will say, since your wiki has existing wikitext talk pages in various talk namespaces, is that if you enable StructuredDiscussions for an entire namespace with existing pages, that will likely cause a content model issue for those existing pages; however, there is a maintenance script or DB update that system administrators can do, I believe, which will update those specific pages' content models back to wikitext.
If you are wanting just to enable it in a page-specific basis, that should cause no issues at all.
Hope that helps.