Page MenuHomeMiraheze

Change hosting to custom domain
Open, NormalPublic

Description

https://inourownwords.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page - current miraheze subdomain

inourownwords.online - my desired wiki domain (I have already assigned the nameservers to miraheze, but was unable to change the CName, as Cloudfare was my previous DNS manager and I found that a nightmare to navigate in practice
Nameservers: "ns1.miraheze.org" and "ns2.miraheze.org"

Do you want Let's Encrypt: - Yes please

Event Timeline

@Psych_Ji There seems to be an error on your side as we are unable to generate an SSL certificate with your domain. Could you contact your domain registrar and let them know that there's an issue with the nameservers pointing to us?

Okay, I transferred the nameservers from cloudflare to you, not sure if that has caused a delay?

Hi, have spoken to GoDaddy (domain registrar) and they have confirmed that the nameservers have been changed to Miraheze as per above and it all looks okay on their end. The customer service person asked me to check with you if you had a link to the domain in your database, so setting up 'domain hosting' in their terms. If this doesn't work out they suggested setting up the A name or CNAME record (but unsure if I'd need to point the name servers back to them first, as they can't troubleshoot issues any further without it pointing back to them at this stage)

Hope this makes sense?

Hi, have spoken to GoDaddy (domain registrar) and they have confirmed that the nameservers have been changed to Miraheze as per above and it all looks okay on their end. The customer service person asked me to check with you if you had a link to the domain in your database, so setting up 'domain hosting' in their terms. If this doesn't work out they suggested setting up the A name or CNAME record (but unsure if I'd need to point the name servers back to them first, as they can't troubleshoot issues any further without it pointing back to them at this stage)

Hope this makes sense?

It still doesn't seem to work, so yes, I think we could try the CNAME method. Indeed, to try the CNAME method you'd have to point the nameservers back first.