I have been researching my subject of interest - the history of bicycles in the San Francisco (California, USA) bay area, 1880 to 1910 - for several years. I've clipped over 5,000 newspaper articles at newspapers.com, as well as clippings at other newspaper archive sites, and I've collected other sources as well. Most content is at newspapers.com. I transcribe the text, correct it, research and link / comment to show the research, then present it, I've done that primarily via a blogger blog, in html, at http://fastestslowguy.blogspot.com/. I think I need to migrate to a wiki, to show relationships between people and things, so I've started migrating to one, here. But I'm really blocked by the inability to display images from newspapers.com. I can show text and links, but the images are critical.
I'm requesting you allow newspapers.com on your whitelist.
I'm working on https://wooljersey.miraheze.org/. The main page is unchanged as of yet, I've added pages and I'm experimenting with how to present the information.
I asked about this on the #miraheze irc channel, and RhinosF1 told me that it would need to be added to the CSP, and that changes to the CSP are closed. I'm asking anyway. Thanks for this creating and hosting this service.
CSP REVIEW: Newspapers.com is owned by Ancestry.com (as indicated in their footer: "2021 Newspapers.com™ by Ancestry®") and therefore the CSP review done was of Ancestry.com
- Does the site attempt to comply with the GDPR? Can European Union inhabitants invoke their individual rights? Yes, see PP
- Does the site provide a list of personal data being collected by using the service? Yes, see PP
- Is the website owner known to have a bad reputation regarding privacy? No
- Can wikis use the external service, even if the visitor wants to deny any cookies or other form of tracking? Unclear
- Will wikis stay usable, even if the visitor blocks the external resource by using an ad blocker? Yes
- Is there a Data Protection Officer and/or Privacy Team that can be contacted by Miraheze? Yes, email@example.com
- Is the site equipped with a security policy? Yes, see PP
- Does the site clarify their security measures to protect collected user data? Can the site assure measures are being taken to protect code injection into the loaded external resources? No specifics; standard general statement
- Is the website owner known to have a bad reputation regarding information security? No
- Is there a Chief Information Security Officer and/or Security Team that can be contacted by Miraheze? Unclear but can probably be contacted via general support