Page MenuHomeMiraheze

Special:UnusedFiles listed used files as unused
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Assigned To
Authored By
Max20091
Sun, Jun 19, 10:16
Referenced Files
Unknown Object (File)
Wed, Jun 22, 07:33
Unknown Object (File)
Wed, Jun 22, 07:33
F1796253: image.png
Sun, Jun 19, 10:16
F1796258: image.png
Sun, Jun 19, 10:16

Description

https://houkai2nd.miraheze.org/wiki/Special:UnusedFiles
For example this particular Nyarlathotep icon file is used in infobox but file usage listed as none
https://houkai2nd.miraheze.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep

image.png (575×353 px, 122 KB)

image.png (535×1 px, 98 KB)

Event Timeline

Max20091 triaged this task as Normal priority.Sun, Jun 19, 10:16
Max20091 created this task.
Universal_Omega claimed this task.

Special:WantedFiles does not pick up images used in infoboxes, for that they would need to be used elsewhere using mediawiki format for files. There is no way that I am aware of to make it pick up from infoboxes. I apologise for the inconvenience.

I maintain the PortableInfobox extension. I am 100% aware that the images set there do appear on Special:WantedFiles. It's been a long-reported and known issue with the extension, and I'm unable to fix it. https://houkai2nd.miraheze.org/wiki/File:Infinite_ammo_during_combat.png is not used on any pages either, that I can see, and no images are used in some pages on the category, so not sure what your linking to there?

This is UnusedFiles, not WantedFiles.
The file https://houkai2nd.miraheze.org/wiki/File:Infinite_ammo_during_combat.png is used in https://houkai2nd.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:Infinite_ammo but was listed as unused which is kind of weird.

I checked around and noticed that pages that never got edited after imported (or after updated MW) seems to have this kind of issue.
Edit: Alright, I can fix the issue myself since there are very few pages needs to be fixed.

I checked around and noticed that pages that never got edited after imported (or after updated MW) seems to have this kind of issue.

Please give it until the 25th, which is 10 days after the upgrade, which is what our parser cache expiration is set to. Based on the fact null-editing fixes the issue, I'm assuming it's in relation to Parser cache. I could be wrong, but after the 26th if the issue still persists, please provide another non-infobox example. Thank you! I apologise for confusion and inconvenience here.