Jul 4 2020
Jun 30 2020
So we have a sopel test instance running. It uses a systemctl service (mirahezebottest). (Yes, I'm now semi-active again)
May 21 2019
Per above this is declined.
May 13 2019
May 6 2019
Changes to ManageWiki will be needed
May 3 2019
last update was 5 years ago, thus declined
May 2 2019
May 1 2019
Assigning to @Paladox, since he is the one that removed it.
Because this is now affecting multiple wikis, UBN
Apr 30 2019
Hi, please be sure that your domain is registered and pointed to us
Apr 26 2019
When I ran an SSL check it said that 1.3 wasn’t supported.
Apr 16 2019
Apr 8 2019
Per above, that extension is already enabled by default
Apr 7 2019
Mar 28 2019
Mar 25 2019
Mar 18 2019
Not in a Git repository thus declined.
Mar 14 2019
Mar 13 2019
Mar 6 2019
Mar 5 2019
Mar 2 2019
commands: w or who
- How would you investigate network connectivity problems between two servers?
I would ping the servers from each other and once I find the problem, open a ticket with RamNode
- What port do commands like ping and traceroute use?
afaik ping doesn’t use a port and for traceroute, the port is specified with -p
- If you had the opportunity to implement software which had to transfer data across servers, which transport layer would you use and why?
I don’t exactly know
- What would you do if Icinga reported the MySQL process on db4 as CRITICAL?
I would check the logs, and attempt to restart mariadb. If it fails, I would make sure that it goes into recovery mode
- https://meta.miraheze.org/ starts showing a 503, how would you handle it?
I would check the logs + icinga and debug from there
- Why do we have 2 certain servers in the US? What are the servers I am likely referreing to in this question?
Cp2 and bacula1. Cp2 handles US traffic
- What email authentication protocols/methods does Miraheze deploy?
- You notice suspicious activity on puppet1. After investigation you find it is not an operations member. No one else is available and you are not able to figure out how access was gained. What do you do?
I would try and strengthen security measures where possible.
- Users from Asia are reporting they can not access Miraheze. What would you do?
I would investigate and debug cp5
- A DNS request occasionally returns an out of date record. How would you debug which server was returning this?
I would check puppet on misc1 and ns1 and if needed, debug gdnsd
- How do you add a new mail account for someone?
Create a shell account on misc1 and set the password (useradd, adduser, passwd)
- Images begin to stop showing, what would you do?
Debug lizzardfs and check logs
- A large number of users begin to complain they are unable to login. What would you do?
Debug and check logs for redis
Mar 1 2019
For security reasons we can’t change the Capatcha or its settings.
Feb 28 2019
Things like renewing wildcard certs, tasks involving dropping DB’s
Secondly you have small amount of commits in the other repo's that need ops access.
Well I don’t have much need to commit to things like puppet if I’m not ops
You also need knowledge in puppet seeing as our entire infrastructure is around puppet and not just the software that we use.
I know enough to be able to depool cache proxies and change the configure of different services
Also what software do you use for your mail?
Dovecot and postfix
We have our icinga setup to use puppet (so you cannot manually edit a config).
Note that I’ve done PR’s to edit the icings configure before (such as notifications)
You also don't mention which tasks you could do right now with ops status.
There isn’t anything with the ops tag that I know I can do right now, but there is sometimes
Feb 27 2019
Feb 24 2019
@John Database task != ops task
100% not an ops task, (mw-admins can do this)
Feb 22 2019