Personal tracking project for MacFan4000
Tue, Apr 16
Fri, Apr 12
No response. If you still need this please feel free to reopen this task.
Wed, Apr 10
Per talk internally, the extension is basically js and also per @Void suggestion.
Tue, Apr 9
Mon, Apr 8
We should either move on this, or figure out another way to get more space on db4, as the disk space has been pretty much stuck in critical for some time now.
Per above, that extension is already enabled by default
Fri, Apr 5
Now this task can be closed formally and officially.
cp5 has been deleted from Linode now.
Thu, Apr 4
Don’t even have this on radar until MediaWiki supports it.
Sun, Mar 31
How do I use Let's Encrypt?
Fri, Mar 29
Thu, Mar 28
Mon, Mar 25
Mar 18 2019
The extension itself looks pretty simple (easy to add), although you may want to consider built in collapsible elements.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Spoilers Here's one on git.
The code is right on the page?
Not in a Git repository thus declined.
For clarity, my final payment date is 2019-06-01.
Mar 16 2019
I think this task as-is is is technically resolved. Should we make a new task or rename this task for migrating all wikis to use elastic search? just the largest wikis?
Mar 15 2019
Mar 13 2019
Mar 12 2019
elasticsearch1.miraheze.org has been bought and test1wiki is actually using CirrusSearch now. We are manually migrating a few wikis now for testing.
Mar 5 2019
@Jayvdb Please respond.
Mar 2 2019
I have no direct concerns myself, although you mentioned there have been instances where expanded access would have allowed you to resolve issues yourself, where there are currently no such instances.
“Debug” isn’t really a satisfactory answer. Details need to know, where will you look, why, what steps will you do.
commands: w or who
- How would you investigate network connectivity problems between two servers?
I would ping the servers from each other and once I find the problem, open a ticket with RamNode
- What port do commands like ping and traceroute use?
afaik ping doesn’t use a port and for traceroute, the port is specified with -p
- If you had the opportunity to implement software which had to transfer data across servers, which transport layer would you use and why?
I don’t exactly know
- What would you do if Icinga reported the MySQL process on db4 as CRITICAL?
I would check the logs, and attempt to restart mariadb. If it fails, I would make sure that it goes into recovery mode
- https://meta.miraheze.org/ starts showing a 503, how would you handle it?
I would check the logs + icinga and debug from there
- Why do we have 2 certain servers in the US? What are the servers I am likely referreing to in this question?
Cp2 and bacula1. Cp2 handles US traffic
- What email authentication protocols/methods does Miraheze deploy?
- You notice suspicious activity on puppet1. After investigation you find it is not an operations member. No one else is available and you are not able to figure out how access was gained. What do you do?
I would try and strengthen security measures where possible.
- Users from Asia are reporting they can not access Miraheze. What would you do?
I would investigate and debug cp5
- A DNS request occasionally returns an out of date record. How would you debug which server was returning this?
I would check puppet on misc1 and ns1 and if needed, debug gdnsd
- How do you add a new mail account for someone?
Create a shell account on misc1 and set the password (useradd, adduser, passwd)
- Images begin to stop showing, what would you do?
Debug lizzardfs and check logs
- A large number of users begin to complain they are unable to login. What would you do?
Debug and check logs for redis
Mar 1 2019
In order to assess ability and capabilities in a real situation, please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities.
For security reasons we can’t change the Capatcha or its settings.